No need to find a sitter, bring your animal family along for the trip! Feathered, furried or scaly, Topeka wants to provide you with the resources and amenities for your beloved pet companions. Because you - and more importantly THEY - deserve it. So, whether you're looking for a place to stay, eat or frolic with your fur-babies, the capital city has you covered.
ALSO READ: Things to do in August in Topeka, Kansas
Fur-babies need a room with a view, too! Compare your options among this list of pet-friendly lodgings.
- Baymont Inn & Suites
- Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka
- Club House Inn & Suites
- Comfort Suites
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
- Days Inn
- Econo Lodge at Topeka Blvd
- Econo Lodge at Wanamaker
- Fairfield Inn by Marriot
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites North
- Hyatt Place Topeka
- Motel 6 - Fairlawn
- Plaza Inn & Suites
- Quality Inn
- Ravenwood Lodge
- Ramada Hotel & Convention Center
- Relax Inn
- Residence Inn by Marriot
- Senate Luxury Suites
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- Super 8 at Forbes Landing
- Super 8 Motel
- Woodspring Suites
- The Woodward Row Houses - Extended Stay
Aside from chains such as Sonic Drive-in, Schlotzky’s, Jason’s Deli, Noodles & Co., Jose Pepper's, there are several local eating establishments that welcome furry friends.
- Dirty Dog Pet Services (Grooming): Don’t let the name fool you! At the Dirty Dog your canine friend will receive quality grooming services. These include mat removal, flea baths, nail clipping and filing, a pawdicure, ear cleaning and gland expression. The Dirty Dog also provides quality doggy day-care, lodging and training services for dog owners in need.
- Rover.com – Local Pet Sitting: Need a dog-sitter? Find a loving sitter to watch your dog overnight at your sitter's home!
- Hill’s Bark Park: Located near the southeast corner of Gage Park, Hill's offers a spacious secure area for your dogs to run and play leash free. Admission is free!
- Dornwood Spray Park and Trails: Cool down at the Spray Park and take the doggies for a walk on the lush and sprawling trails, located at SE 25th and SE Highland.
- Shunga Trail: A local favorite, the Shunga Trail offers paved trails in addition to nature trails and open grassy areas for playtime.
- Iliff Commons: A great place to let the dog off their leash and explore this unique landscape of woods and open prairie.
- Kaw River State Park (or as the locals call it “the Governor’s Mansion trails”) is home to miles of winding trails and lightly disturbed greenery. Take the furry family for a stroll along the Kaw River or explore the numerous paths within the park.
- Kansas Historical Museum Trails: Located around the perimeter of the Kansas History Museum, the museum trails wind through 2.5 miles of creek banks, native grassland and woodlands. Signs are displayed throughout to denote the cultural and natural history of the area.
While you're exploring the city, also be sure to bring your pet friends to the numerous outdoor festivals taking place in Topeka!