The Downtown District has a variety of parking styles:
- Kansas Avenue – FREE Parking from 1 hour to 2 hours, extending from 4th to 10th on the Avenue + the “YELLOW” hooded meters on numbered streets east of the Avenue between Kansas and Quincy, 7 days a week.
- Side Streets and remainder of Kansas – Metered parking, varying from 1 hour to 10 hours, depending on location Monday through Friday.
- City Owned Parking Garages – hourly, daily and monthly rates hosting over 3,200 off-street parking spots.
On-street parking is FREE after 5 pm.
All metered parking on Saturdays and Sundays, plus major holidays, is FREE.
Parking is FREE in the following City owned Parking Garages on Saturdays from 6am to Sunday 1am.
- Townsite Garage – entrance off 6th Street between Kansas & Quincy
- Park N Shop – entrance off Quincy between 6th & 7th Street
- Crosby Place – entrance off 8th Street between Kansas & Jackson
- Center City – entrance off 9th Street between Kansas & Jackson
DOWNTOWN REDEVELOPMENT PARKING OPTIONS 2014/2015:
The City Parking Division is providing “2 HOURS FREE” vouchers to the downtown shopping and dining merchants for clients wishing to park in the Crosby Place Garage (8th & Kansas) and 9th Street Garage (215 SE 9th behind BNSF) Monday through Friday. If you exceed the 2 hours, you will be charged only for the remaining time you were parked.
Contact City Parking Section with questions – (785) 368-3916.