Put Your Business First with the Topeka/Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund
The Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund (T/SC FOF) is a not-for-profit organization that can help business owners like you:
- Qualify for a loan of up to $100,000
- Receive business consultation and counseling
- Receive mentoring, education, and training
- Gain access to networking opportunities
- Receive a credit score assessment and recommendations for improving your score
- Get connected to additional resources to help your business grow and thrive!
- Guidance only; you maintain control of all business decisions
The purpose of the T/SC FOF is to grow the community by helping local businesses create jobs and increase production. To qualify for a loan, your Shawnee County business must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The business is owned by a low-income person.
- The business is located in an economically distressed area.
- The business employs (or will employ) low-income individuals.
Low income is defined as having an annual income, adjusted for family size, of less than 80% of the area’s median family income.
Business loans are common tools to help owners accomplish their goals. T/SC FOF is designed specifically for business owners who want to grow, but who do not qualify for loans at conventional financial institutions.
The application is a three-step process:
- Call GO Topeka Entrepreneurial and Minority Business Development at 785-231-6000 or get the initial paperwork here.
- Complete the This links to the PDF of the pre application form
- Complete the This links to the PDF of the current application form and provide all supporting materials. (We provide a checklist of what you’ll need, which includes a business plan, financial statements and details about operations.)
After submitting the Step 3 application materials to to Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund, the review process takes about 30 days.
To find out more about the Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund, call GO Topeka Entrepreneurial Minority and Business Development at 785-231-6000, or send an email for more information.
The Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund is a not-for-profit organization certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a Community Development Financial institution, of CDFI. CDFIs exists to provide financial, educational and consultation resources for the improvement of low-income areas.
Contracting, Procurement, Certification Opportunities, Bidding Opportunities
- Small Business
- Together Topeka
Attraction & Retention
- Sites & Buildings
- Local Government
- Small Business
- Why Topeka