Hands-on Native Voices Fun!
- 4400 SW 10th Avenue, Topeka, KS 66604
- Location: Kansas Children's Discovery Center
- Presented By: Kansas Children's Discovery Center
- Dates: December 12, 2017 - December 15, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free with general admission or membership
Join us this week as we enjoy some hands-on Native Voices fun! Activities this week will be centered around the Native Voices exhibit on display at the Discovery Center until February 11th, 2018.
12/12/17 Dreamcatchers 1:00 PM
Create a dreamcatcher to take home to catch good dreams like some Indigenous tribes.
12/13/17 Pattern Pictures 1:00 PM
Create different patterns with stamps, colors and shapes to decorate your paper baskets!
12/14/17 Necklace Making 1:00 PM
Decorate pasta shells using your favorite colors to create a necklace like Carol Lopez, in the “Native Voices” exhibit, creates necklaces using quahog shells.
12/15/17 Native Voices - Hands On Canoe Engineer 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM
Craft your own mini toboggan using recycled materials.
Native Voices was produced by Boston Children’s Museum. All underlying materials, including all artwork and the use of Native Voices characters are used with permission of Boston Children’s Museum.