Native Voices Activities
- 4400 SW 10th Avenue, Topeka, KS 66604
- Location: Kansas Children's Discovery Center
- Presented By: Kansas Children's Discovery Center
- Dates: December 2, 2017 - December 9, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Price: Free with membership or general admission.
Celebrate the Native Tribes of the Northeast by participating in activities centered around our “Native Voices” Exhibit. From 12/2/17 to 12/9/17.
12/2/17 Aquinnah Wampanoag: Pinch Pots 1:00 PM
Come learn how the Indigenous peoples across North America have learned to use natural resources to make clay pottery. This project will create a great present for you to give to someone special!
12/5/17 Cranberry Fluff 1:00 PM
Celebrate and explore cranberries, just like the Aquinnah Wampanoag tribe celebrates Cranberry Day! Explore the unique texture of cranberries mixed with shaving cream!
12/6/17 Story Time 1:00 PM
Celebrate our Native Voices exhibit through a special story time at 1:00 pm.
12/7/17 Clam Dig 1:00 PM
Native tribes in the Northeast celebrate summer by gathering together to dig for clams for a clam bake. Join us for a pretend clam dig in our Native Voices exhibit.
12/8/17 Clay Pottery 10:30am & 1:00 PM
Native tribes created their own pottery for daily use. Create your very own masterpiece to take home while learning about Native pottery.
12/9/17 Mashpee Wampanoag: Hubbub 1:00 PM
Come learn how to play a traditional game, Hubbub, played by the Wampanoag and other Indigenous peoples all across America."
* Native Voices was produced by Boston Children’s Museum. All underlying materials, including all artwork and the use of Native Voices characters are used with permission of Boston Children’s Museum.