Come and join the fun at the Combat Air Museum "Young Aviators" classes, for youth ages eight to twelve years (8-12).
Classes are held in the mornings from 0900 — 1230 hrs (9:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.). The class fee is
$50.00 per student for all four days of the course. The instruction and field visits include invaluable 'hands-on' learning as follows:
The four-day sessions will cover such STEM subjects as
• A brief history of early aviation
• The fundamentals of flight theory
• Aircraft structures, including control systems & engines
• Weather and how to read aviation charts and maps
• Hands-on time In the Museum's new Flight Simulator
• Guided tour of the Museum
• The phonetic alphabet, used for aviation contact and control
Side visits, during the 4 day sessions, will also be included, as available
• The 108th Aviation Reg. of the Kansas Army National Guard (Blackhawk helicopters)
The 190th Refueling Wing of the Kansas Air National Guard (KC-135 Tankers)
• The MTAA Forbes Field Fire, Rescue & Security Station (Firetrucks)
• The Control Tower at Forbes Field
Enrollment in the four-day session is limited to 20 per class and the Museum will accept youth on a first-come-first-served basis. A minimum of a $30 deposit is required per student to ensure a place.
For details please call the Office Manager at the Museum (785-862-3303) between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. on weekdays.