Kansas Chocolate Festival Baking Contest
Enter your best chocolate treat for a chance to win a cash prize, certificate, bragging rights at the event and the right to use the Kansas Chocolate Festival logo!
- Registration form must be submitted to 618 South Kansas Avenue by Wednesday, September 27. A separate form is needed for each entry.
- All entries must contain chocolate. Dark, Milk, white, any chocolate will do.
- You must bring six full-size pieces for judging and 72 (six dozen) bite-sized samples. This means six whole cookies, six whole cupcakes, one whole cake that we will then cut into six, etc.
- Entry must be in a disposable container with entrant’s name and phone number taped to the bottom. (Containers will not be returned.)
- Items must be brought to 618 S. Kansas Avenue on Saturday, September 29 between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Winners will be announced at the Chocolate Festival on Saturday, September 29, 2018, at approximately 2:30 p.m.
- The top three winners in each category will receive a certificate, recognition at the event, a cash prize, and the right to use the Kansas Chocolate Festival logo (provided by Visit Topeka by October 6th). First Place Winner gets $200, the Second Place Winner gets $100, and the Third Place Winner gets $50.
Criteria used for judging includes creativity, visual appeal, and taste. Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Visit Topeka