Saturday, Dec. 3
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Looking for the perfect holiday gift but want a special shopping experience, too? WinterFest is for you!
Featuring live reindeer and a sleigh ($5 selfie photos), horse-drawn carriage rides along the avenue ($1 per person), and everyone from the Sugar Plum Fairy to Scrooge and Tiny Tim, WinterFest will be a holiday memory-maker for all.
- Ice Sculptures
- Gingerbread House making
- 12 Days of Christmas displays
- Santa game
- Discounts and specialty items at area shops
- Horse and carriage rides for $1 per person, at 7th and S. Kansas, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- $5 selfie photos with the reindeer at 8th and Kansas, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Downtown businesses include:
- Hazel Hill - hot cocoa with Santa from 10 - 11 a.m.
- Wolfe's Camera - free photo with Santa at 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Absolute Design by Brenda - Santa from 1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Cashmere Popcorn - Santa from 2 - 2:30 p.m.
- Classic Bean - write a letter to Santa
- Moburts - write a letter to Santa
- Lupita's (tamales and Mexican hot chocolate)
- Debonaire's Barber Shop
- Top City Shoes
- Shana Cake
- Prairie Glass
- Leaping Llama's
Food trucks include:
- Greg-Co BBQ
- Big BoyZ
- Cassie Carlson
- Usborne Books
- Sardou Fragrances
- AGM Custom Creations
- O.B.O. Apparel
- Candles by JD McLuckin
- Couture Crafts by Janel
Senate Suites, 900 SW Tyler, is offering a 15 percent discount on all room types for WinterFest. Call 800-488-3188 to book your room today!
Tying it all together
WinterFest is just part of the holiday fun! Afterward, be sure to check out one of these great events:
- December 1-4 – Festival of Trees at Kansas Expocentre to benefit SLI
- December 2-4 -- Topeka Civic Theatre’s “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- December 2 & 3 – Holiday Happenings at Old Prairie Town (also Dec. 9 and 10)
- December 3 – A Classic Rock Christmas at Topeka Performing Arts Center benefit for the United Way of Greater Topeka.
- December 3 – Old Fashioned Craft Fair and Bake Sale at Crestview Community Center
- December 4 – Santa Arrives on UP at Great Overland Station
- Also viewable throughout the week and beyond will be the perennial favorite lights displays in the Potwin neighborhood and the Winter Wonderland benefit for TARC at Lake Shawnee.
- Calendar of Events
- Annual Events
- Arts & Culture
- Holidays in Topeka
- Sports & Recreational Events