- 124 NW Fillmore Street
- Topeka, KS 66606
he Botanical Garden at Old Prairie Town at Ward-Meade Historic site was established in 1963. There are approximately 500 varieties of trees and shrubs in the 2½-acre garden. In addition, there are about 5,000 annual flowers planted each year. The garden includes many plants requiring shade as well as many unusual specimen plants. Three water gardens are featured in the park, above ground water garden in the front yard as well as Anna’s Place. Anna’s Place consists of two pools, a stream, bridge, gazebo and water fall. It is surrounded by many varieties of plant material. Also a pondless water feature is located by the entrance to the gardens as well as 1500 feet of stamped sidewalk that meanders through the gardens.